Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pinewood Derby

I underestimated just how big of a deal this single event would be. Weeks of preparation, hours of online reading and tutorial watching, multiple trips to the store, sanding, painting, weighing, placing decals...and then finally it was race day! I wasn't there but from what I hear I sure did miss out. Both boys (dare I say Jason too?) placed and they sure were proud.


Andrew chose his design from the Dremel website. He printed it and then took his block of wood to Lowes to have it cut. Many steps later working with his Daddy they turned out the fastest Pinewood Derby car of pack 1807.

Luke also made a derby car and raced in the special "sibling race" that pack 1807 offers. We opted for a pre-cut/ pre-sanded design that came from Michaels that he got to help paint and decorate. He placed 3rd in the sibling race.



Andrew had the opportunity to compete at the Huguenot Trail district Pinewood Derby race today and placed in the top 7 of the 25 cars that competed. We sure are pleased that he did this well especially with it being his first year. He and Jason are already making plans for next year's new and improved design!

No comments: